TURQUOISE ‘Holistic’ Global vMEME
First emerged approx. 30 yrs. ago – globalism, eco-consciousness
Thinking is holistic; structures are global; the processes are flowing and ecological.
Basic Theme: Experience the wholeness of existence through mind and spirit.
Characteristic beliefs and actions:
· The world is a single, dynamic organism with its own collective mind.
· Blending and harmonizing a strong collective of individuals.
· Self is both distinct and a blended part of a larger, compassionate whole.
· Focus on the good of all living entities as integrated systems.
· Maintains an ecological awareness of the oneness of life.
· Energy and information permeate the Earth’s total environment.
· Holistic, intuitive thinking and cooperative actions are to be expected.
· Global (and whole-Spiral) networking seen as routine.
· Acts for minimalist living so less actually is more.
· Sees the evolution of Spirit as one ongoing conscious system.
Where seen: McLuhan’s ‘global village,’ Gandhi’s ideas of pluralistic harmony, Ken
Wilber’s ‘Spectrum of Consciousness,’ James Lovelock’s Gaia hypothesis, Pierre Teilhard
de Chardin’s ‘noosphere.’
Leadership Assumptions and Implications:
· Spiritual bonds pull people and organizations together.
· Work must be meaningful to the overall health of all life.
· The universe is a single entity of elegantly balanced, interlocking forces.
· Experiencing feelings and information together enhances both.
The Archetypes found at this level :
|Social Image||1. Recognition (others will notice and express admiration for my work)||2. Opportunity for advancement||Sage
|Social Service||1. Social service/altruism (the work improves the well-being of others)||2. Freelance role (I can take and leave project-based work)||Caregiver|